Passage 1. About the history of the light bulb (from candles to electricity).
Passage 2. About politics.
Passage 3. About decision-making policies.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given three pie charts comparing holiday accommodation in certain locations in different periods: 1970′s, 1980′s and after 2000. We had to describe and compare them.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that the government should invest in trains and the subway system to prevent traffic congestion in large cities. Others, however, think it should build wider roads. Discuss both views and give your own opinion and examples.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- What subject are you studying?
- Let’s talk about swimming.
- Do you swim well?
- When did you learn to swim?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of that?
Describe a house or an apartment you live in now. Please say
- Give a general description of you place.
- When and why did you move there?
- What do you like/dislike about it? Why?
- What home would you prefer to have in the future? Why?
- Where would you like to live ? Why?
Task 1: Line graph
Task 2: Some believe that it is good for a country's culture to import films and TV programmes, while others think it is
better for a country to have their own films and TV programmes. Discuss both views and give your own opinion .
- Do you like riding bicycle?
- In Vietnam, where bicycle travel is allowed?
- Which room in your house do
you like best?
- Which changes in your house
do you want to improve?
- What the event was
- When it occurred
- Why it was a memorable and happy event for you
And give any details of the event.
- What traditions do you think young people
- How can you keep it?
Task 2 : More and more young people from wealthy
countries are spending a short time doing unpaid work such as teaching
or building houses for communities in poorer countries. Why young people
choose to do so? Who will benefit more: young people or the
Task 2 : In recent years, the structure of a family and the role of its members are gradually changing. What kinds of changes can occur? Do you think these changes are positive or negative?